Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Late Night Fun

I am a David Letterman fan. Unlike Jay Leno, whom I find thick as a plank, Dave is witty, whimsical and thank God, intelligent. He's also well-loved by his employees, which to me is the sign of a good man. So most nights, being a night-owl kinda moon goddess, I am up watching at least the majority of his show.

Therefore, I don't watch Jimmy Kimmel. I really didn't like the Man Show at all; if I wanted to watch T&A humor I'd view some old Benny Hill - he did it better, but I didn't care for it either. Not a judgment (yeah, right - have we met?), but not my cuppa tea. However, his talk show is better. If there were no Dave, I'd sure watch him over Leno. As we cognoscenti know, Sarah Silverman, the naife girl-woman with her very funny self-named show, has been Jimmy's girlfriend for about five years. Recently, she went on his show, and played this song clip. (Warning, not for those whom are offended by bleeped language). This had the DH cackling so hard I thought we might have eggs for breakfast - oh, yeah, we did. Then today I got to see Jimmy Kimmel's response. OMG...I cannot THINK of the last time I laughed so hard. Again, some bleeped language, but just hysterically funny. And man, look at the stars in that - for what is essentially a gag bit on a late night show. What seriously good sports Damon and Affleck are.

Speaking of funny, DH and I saw Juno on Monday. No wonder it won best screenplay. It was smart, witty, and moving. Really well-cast too. Catch it if you can.

No comments: