Saturday, February 2, 2008

Throwing Down the Gauntlet

A little knitting content here. My hands get really cold here in the studio. That's unusual for me, but the heat vent is oddly placed and the configuration of my desk means I have a cold spot. I had previously knit myself some fingerless mitts from a skein of handspun that I got in a spinner's exchange, but I decided to give them to my half-sister for Christmas. My hands stayed cold.


Kristina at BeadNTat (see the blog list) told me about some patterns on the Vogue Knitting site, and I went to check them out. I am currently utterly in love with cables, both the look and the doing, and I found this free gauntlet pattern to be my cup of tea (Lapsang Souchong, if you're pouring). I made them in some Austermann Inka Alpaca I had stashed, in which I also did the Tudora pattern from Knitty. Very nice stuff that I got from Elann.com. These are actually black, a beautiful deep true black, but they photographed lighter and I left it that way so you could see detail.
Warm and snuggly. I deserve nothing less, and neither do you.

No comments: