Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sports Ratings

Watching TV and knitting on the body of my Gaelic Mist sweater today (the sleeves are done!) and of course we're seeing a lot of ads for the upcoming Olympics. I like the games, I watch my favorite sports, and do a little vicarious living, because this hasn't been an athlete's body for a long time.

Which might explain a bit of my green-eyed comments about the uniform of the women's volleyball team. I've owned hankies that are bigger. No kidding, a single diving dig in the wrong direction, and I don't see how they can avoid a 'wardrobe malfunction.' Don't you love the asininity of that phrase?

Anyway, I began to comment to the DH, "If those uniforms got any smaller...." and as I paused for dramatic effect, the DH instantly quipped, "I'd stop watching!!!"

I'm gonna enjoy spending that life insurance money.

No comments: